Friday, October 7, 2011

Congressman Earl Blumenauer wants to change our nation's illogical marijuana laws

October 6, 2011 
  
Dear Oregon Voter, 
  
Thank you for taking the time to contact me. I share your support for a sensible federal policy regarding the use of marijuana. 
  
For too long, federal policies have ignored science and States' rights regarding marijuana laws. Medical marijuana has provided relief to many Oregonians and people across the country and more states are following Oregon's lead. It's time for the federal government to revise its strategy to combat the drug trade, focusing on those drugs and practices that do serious harm to our communities.  
  
I am a cosponsor of H.R. 2306, the Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act, which would remove all federal penalties pertaining to marijuana, leaving its regulation to each State where it should be.  I am also a cosponsor of H.R. 1983, the Medical Marijuana Patient Protection Act, to provide for the use of medical marijuana in accordance with the laws of the various States. I hope that my colleagues will join me to change our nation's illogical marijuana laws.  
  
Thank you again for sharing your thoughts with me. Please continue to be in touch. 
Sincerely,
 
Earl Blumenauer
Member of Congress

For more information about Congressman Blumenauer, please sign up for Earl-news at, http://blumenauer.house.gov/.
You can now follow Congressman Blumenauer's office on Twitter, http://twitter.com/blumenauermedia

No comments:

Post a Comment